Monday, November 12, 2007

New Chapter Topics

First of all, in my files, I refer to The Many Faces of Journaling 2nd Edition as MFJ2. And will use that in the blog for quick reference. (Likewise, Your Pocket Divorce Guide is PDG2.)

My original plan was to add a chapter on "journaling for scrapbookers" to MFJ2. That’s a hot topic—there are several books out that cover that specifically. And my daughter-in-law Cathy is literally a professional scrapbook artist (see her blog http://www.thecropcircle.blogspot.com/), as well as being an elementary school teacher. Cathy is my main woman on this.

Then last week, the NBC affiliates began their Green Week broadcasts, which lapped up like they were chocolate-coated, and that determined a second new chapter – "Green Journaling." Since the whole, earth-caregiver scenario is dear to my heart, it’ll be a treat to write. And, thank you NBC, I’m not only totally jazzed, but more up-to-date about current global conditions.

Once again, it occurs to me that, when the project and timing are right, I seem to get nudged in just the right directions. The nudger can show up in many different forms – friend, customer, media, or some silly add in a toy catalog. It never ceases to amaze me!

Interruptions ~ Not only do these continue to sabotage my 2nd Edition writing, but as we enter the holiday season, it's going to get worse. Therefore, I'm going to follow the advice I give all my book coaching clients: make writing appointments with yourself and take them seriously! Write them in and on all of your calendars. That's my plan. I'll get back to you on how well I follow my own advice.

Here's hoping ...


Linda


*Next: Basic Chapter Outlines

No comments: